FORT ST. GEORGE, on the Coromandel Coast, EAST INDIES
A perspective view of Fort St. George, the first British fortress in India, which would later grow into the 4th largest city in India. Madras, now known as Chennai. Etching includes four galleons, two skiffs, and three sailboards, The Union Jack sits atop the flag post. A church rest on a hillock, accrenlation wall and fortress are prominent as is the church steeple within the walls.
Coordinates refer to center point to which the image is referenced in right-reading.
1 view ; 15 x 21 cm
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
v.4 December 1783, opposite pg. 417
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.