Plan of HAVRE DE GRACE, and the Face of the adjacent Country
A plan of Havre de Grace (modern day Le Havre) from an oblique view showing fortifications and surrounding villages. Feathered arrows represent water flow direction, and sand banks are shown through extensive stipling. A large and bold 16 point compass rose sits prominently near the top left corner. The relief shown is extensively detailed, while the settlements are quite generalized. The Canal of Harfleur is central to the map with a large inscribed arrow indicating direction of flow. Grassland and trees are drawn to represent land cover revealing individual fields, and there are a few short descriptions of areas, including the timber words in the silt just west of Le Havre.
The scale bar is in French toises, and there is no graticule; scale was calculated from the scale bar and the coordinates from georeferencing.
1 plan ; 17 x 29 cm
Havre De Grace
0.062; 0.211; 49.474; 49.512
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
v. 25 September 1759, opposite pg. 153.
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.