VIEW of the Town and CASTLE of ST. AUGUSTINE, and the ENGLISH CAMP before it June 20.1740
This maps changes perspective from a map view at the top to more of a coastal view at the bottom. It is accompanied by text describing the siege.
Because of the map perspective, the coordinates are approximate.
1 view : 22 x 16 cm
Note outside the neatlines: "Printed for and Published According to Act of Parliament Oct'br 15, 1740 by T Gardner at Cowley's head". This is perhaps an indication that the map was intended to be published elsewhere, however no evidence has been found to suppor that.
-81.303; -81.254; 29.891; 29.916
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
v.10, October 1740, opposite pg. 533
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.