MADRAS and FORT St. GEORGE taken by the French under the Command of M. Mahé de la Bourdonnais on ye 21 of Septem. 1746
Map details the ships that took the fort.
West is at the top with the map in the reading position. The absence of a graticule and dramatic changes in the topography of the area surrounding the fort since this map was published makes the only point of accuracy the fort itself. We are therefore unable to accurately determine the scale nor the full extent of the map geographically.
1 map : 17 x 23 cm
Too innaccutate to deduce scale
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
Universal Magazine of Knowledge and Pleasure
v.9, September 1751, opposite page 97
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.