Genuine PLAN of CHERBURG with the Fortifications as intended to be finished according to the Design of Mr. De Caux
Large plan of Cherburg depicting inner harbour and basin including fortifications. Small inset depicts a plan of Cherburg before the fortifications were demolished in 1689. Small inset map shows placement of Cherburg Road, QuerQueville Bay, and the Bay des Marees. The word "suburbs" is used to indicate area outside of the city.
Map of Cherbourg located on the North East coast of France. Two inset maps. Each map has it's own scale bar, Prime meridian is unknown due to lack of information and graticule.
D. Henry and R. Cave
2 plans and 1 map on 1 sheet ; 19 x 25 cm
Arrondissement de CherbourgBasse-Normandie
-1.628; -1.613; 49.630; 49.652
1:7200 Inset BR= 1:6000 Inset BL= 1:190,000
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
v.29 August 1758, opposite pg. 346
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.