AIX LA CHAPELLE
Detailed plan of the Aix includes vegetation in garden plots, foliage between hedgerows, moats, and fortress walls, churches, gates, and hospital. Key to numbers on map is located within the text of the volume. Of note: a white marble church built by Charlemagne is indicated. The Treaty of Aix La Chalelle ended the War of the Austrian Succession in 1748 where Great Britain and France dictated the terms. The city is now called "Aachen" located in Luxembourg.
Map of AIX LA CHAPELLE, or in English Aachen, the most western town in Germany. The prime meridian is unknown due to lack of information and graticule.
1 Plan ; 20 x 24 cm
Aix La Chapelle
6.068; 6.099; 50.762; 50.783
W. K. Morrison Special Collection
v.18, May 1748. opposite pg. 206
This material is provided for research, education and private use only. Commercial use of this work is strictly prohibited. Attribution for use must be provided as follows: "Digital reproduction from the W. K. Morrison Special Collection of the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences” and link to the original record. For use other than research, education or private uses please contact the J. B. Hall Library at the NSCC Centre of Geographic Sciences.